Volunteering is welcomed and encouraged at SVCS. With the help of our parents, grandparents and friends, we are able to keep tuition costs low and affordable. A blessing awaits you as you get to know others better through volunteering at our school.
There are many opportunities that range from field trip chaperones to event involvement. Below are the major areas SVCS could use your help. If you feel your talents would be better served in another area, please call our office, we can always find a place for you.
- Fall Festival – This is a carnival type event for the entire school. Help is needed in planning, operating a booth, setting up and taking down, advertising
- Christmas and Spring Programs Silent Auctions – A silent auction takes place on the night of the Christmas and Spring Programs which involves the whole school. Help is needed to acquire items for our auctions, setting up and tearing down, etc.
- Walk-a-Thon – This is an afternoon of fun involving the entire school. Help is needed with advertising, prizes, refreshments, etc.
- Christmas and Spring Programs – This event involves the entire school and help is always needed with costumes, music, drama, refreshments, decorating.
- Ice Cream Social – Serving refreshments, contacting parents to donate
- Presidential Fitness – Working with students throughout the year to have them ready for that special day. Help is needed on the day of the test to time runners, provide refreshments, etc.
Athletic Events & Games
- Coaching football, volleyball, basketball, soccer, etc.
- Concession Stand
- Drivers to transport our athletes to and from games
- Class parent
- Assisting in the classroom
- Bulletin boards
- Chaperone and drive for field trips
- Art projects
- Reading to or listening to children read
- Planning and making arrangements for mission activities
- Chaperone and drive to mission events
- Picking up items on the shopping list needed for each event
We always are looking for talented people to teach an elective at SVSC. This could be once a week, once a month, or a one-time class. Classes are kept small and age appropriate. God has given all of us special talents and skills, if you do not see yours on the list, call the office and let us know. Some of the areas we are looking for, but not limited to are:
- Wood shop
- Computer programs
Repairs and Maintenance
In order to keep tuition at an affordable amount, we rely on parents, grandparents and friends of SVCS to help us with repairs and maintenance. This could be done by purchasing the items needed, installation and grounds keeping.
Help is always needed during the lunch time from serving food to overseeing children so that the staff can eat lunch.
We can always use your marketing skills to further our mission to provide a quality Christian education.